Sunday, January 24, 2010

2009 Resolution Recap

I had a few specific goals for 2009...you can see them here and here. I've never really made any official New Year's Resolution prior to '09, because really, who ever completes them? Let's see if I did...
Resolution #1: Read 75 books. This one was a fail, but it was due to extenuating circumstances. The only reason I didn't get them all, is that I couldn't read anything for a week or so after our cruise because I was too "land sick". If it wasn't for that, I would have smoked it. As you can see from my book list on the right, I only read 73 books. These are all books that I read from start to finish. Of course there were many that I started, didn't like and didn't finish. Those don't make the list. I'm sad I didn't meet this one - I really thought I would be able to. But oh well. Very close.
Resolution #2: Work out at least 3 times a week. This one is clearly a fail. I've become even lazier in the past year. But that's gonna change in 2010. I even joined a gym last week. Now if I could just work up the motivation to drive there...
Resolution #3: Visit at least 2 foreign countries. PASS! Yea, I did one! This one just slipped in to 2009, since our cruise was in December and all, but we did make it to Belize, Honduras and Mexico. Score!
Resolution #4: Find a new job. This one was a hugely disappointing fail. 2009 was a miserable time to be unemployed, and especially to be looking for something in the meeting/events industry. But 2010 will be the year for change because last week I started my new job! Finally!!! I'm working as a contract employee for Meeting Expectations, which is a meeting planning company in Buckhead. I started last week and my contract goes until the start of June. I am so happy to be working with this company - all the people I've met are super nice, the office is less than 5 miles from our apartment, I'll be able to learn/grow in this field, etc, etc. I really hope it turns into a permanent position, but I'll take what I can get for now!
So if we're looking strictly at a pass/fail ratio, I didn't do so hot. But if I include one week of grace time (first week of January), I killed it! I don't have any big goals for 2010 so far...really I just want to get in better shape (like always), travel more (duh) and grow in my career (surprise, surprise). Very typical, but still very worthwhile. So 2010, I'm glad you're here and hope you continue in the direction you started.

5 comments:

Candice said...

Oh yay for getting a new job!!!!!!! I bet you were excited to get back to work. 73 books is still about 70 more then me so I'm impressed.

Christi said...

You are my hero and hence why you are one of my bestest bestest friends!

Amy said...

You did better than me - I had one goal (to read 30 books) and failed miserably. Good excuse for me, too: my all-day pregnancy sickness which didn't allow me the luxury of reading.

But if you look back on the entire decade ('cause yes, we started a new one) I think you will be pleasantly surprised by all you accomplished. A couple major items I'd like to point out: traveling to Europe, graduating from university, getting married ... not too shabby. Not shabby at all! (My decade accomplishments were pretty awesome too.)

Her Royal Highness said...

Aw, don't go beating yourself up! You did great!
And yay for a new job! I hope it's everything you want and that they'll keep you on after June.
as for your little comic strip - I LOVE IT!!!

Lynnette said...

For what it's worth, all bias aide, I think you're pretty amazing.