- Arrived in San Juan at around 2:30 in the afternoon
- Explored Old San Juan
- Visited the Cathedral of San Juan Bautista, which really wasn't that cool. I couldn't even remember why I even had it on my list of "Things to See" until we got back to the car and remembered that Ponce de Leon is buiried there. So we had to go back later on and take a picture, of course.
- Got pooped on at Pigeon Park - bummer.
- Headed to Fajardo (on the east side of the island) to stay at the Passion Fruit B&B. The staff was super nice (and they made a killer breakfast). But don't ask them for directions...they were seriously challenged in that department.
- Took the mini plane from Fajardo to Vieques (a small island about 8 mins flight away). Loved the views from the plane.
- Arrived at our next B&B. Realized we were the only guests; got upgraded to the best room.
- "Rented" a Hawaii-style car, which I think belonged to a staff member.
- Visited some amazing beaches, and saw tons of sweet lizards. And stray horses everywhere.
- Went on the BioBay Kayak Tour of Mosquito Bay. Definitely one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.
- Flew back to main island.
- Went hiking at El Yunque Rainforest.
- Checked into our awesome apartment in Isla Verde. Loved the view - right on the beach!
- Visited the forts of El Morro and Fort San Cristobal. Almost got blown away (seriously) by the crazy wind.
- Drove to the west side of the island to see the Arecibo Observatory and the world's largest radio telescope.
- Visited the Rio Camuy cave park...were sad that the caves were closed, but still liked seeing the giant sinkhole and the huge cave openings.
- Spent the morning at the beach
- Flew home; tried to get caught up on sleep!
Hope you enjoyed the pics...if you want to hear more details about the trip, give me a call!