Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas Cruising Part 1 - New Orleans

Although I'd never really wanted to go on a cruise before, Mark and I decided it might be fun to go on one this year. We figured we deserved something a bit more special, with all the crap we've been through this year, and thought something a little more relaxing then our typical vaca would be ideal. We were able to spend Thanksgiving with my family, so I sucked it up for my first Christmas away from home.
We left the rain and cold weather in Atlanta on December 18th and drove down to New Orleans. I hadn't been to NOLA in 10 years and Mark had never been so it was nice to see the city. Here's what we did...

Dinner in the French Quarter...Breakfast at Cafe du Monde...Visited the 9th Ward to see the Katrina devastation that is still prevalent...Enjoyed some of the prettier sites, like St. Louis Cathedral...And then took off for the cruise!Stay tuned for Christmas Cruising Part 2.

4 comments:

Candice said...

Oh fun! I'm glad you guys were able to do something fun and relaxing!

carLy hart crandaLL said...

i love it! keep em coming :)

The Nowels said...

your killing me...the pics are great but I want the cruise!!! I want the sun and water.

Em said...

You guys had the hardest year ever. You so deserved such a fun trip! Miss you!