Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Resolution #1 - Read 75 Books in 2009

Since I already read a lot, I could have made the goal to read more classics this year, or read more challenging books, or something like that. But let's be honest - I read for fun. Chick lit books are fun. So my goal is 75 books by the end of the year. I was gonna aim for 100, but then I realized that would be 8-9 books a month which might be a tad unrealistic. So I'll try for 75.
This morning, I
was reading Natalie's blog and love her idea of keeping track of the books she's read on her blog sidebar. So I'm copying her, of course. Check out my sidebar list...don't judge, but feel free to recommend any of your favorites. And if you want to be my friend on Goodreads let me know.

10 comments:

Melissa and Trevor said...

let me know how you do! My goal this year was 1 book per month and the newspaper every day. Go girl!

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Thanks for the shout out! I'm so glad you liked my post and I'm excited to see what you read since I'm always looking for something good.

Paula said...

very cool. I love to read but I don't know if I have ever read 75 in a year. I can't wait to see what books you post.

cate said...

I recently had nothing to read and I had noticed on your Good Reads that we've read a lot of the same stuff. So I looked at your list to get some ideas!

McCallisters said...

What a fun goal! Good luck with it!

Can I recommend a couple authors? Sophie Kinsella if you want to laugh (Shopaholic series). I also LOVE anything by Rumer Godden (she's out of print, so you'll have to check her out at your library). Side note: Demi Moore named her daughter Rumer, after Rumer Godden, if you are interested in that sort of detail.

Em said...

That's a lot of books! I just joined goodreads, are we friends yet? If not, how do I invite you to be a friend?

Kimberly said...

I love listening to books on my mp3 player while I do chores. I can download them from the library. I just found you and requested you as a friend on goodreads. Yeah for New Year's resolutions.

Mark and Lachelle said...

I seriously don't think I've even read more than 10 books my entire life! Book reports in school, meant renting the movie! I wish I read more though. Good luck on your resolution. I wish I had some good books to recommend to ya.

Anonymous said...

Ya Amy has that kind-of concept on her blogpage...but it's a bookshelf with her books.

Anyways...I read Austenland, did you like it??

Amy said...

Ohh ... your book list is way cooler than my Shelfari one ... I might have to switch over to Goodreads. I like the idea of being able to keep track of the entire list for the whole year that way.