Friday, October 10, 2008

Weekend Fun

Did I mention I like to plan activities? Good thing Mark's nice to me and goes along for the ride. Here's a summary of our fun day last Saturday.
-Wake up early to get ready and leave promptly at 10:00. Drive about 45 minutes to Braselton, GA. Drink some
free chocolate milk and put on our hairnets for a tour of the factory at the Mayfield Dairy. Eat some delicious ice cream for a great deal - $1.50 for 1 scoop (their 1 scoop is really about 2-3 scoops).-Continue on our journey by driving another 30 minutes or so to Cleveland, GA. Visit the birthplace of the Cabbage Patch Kids, Babyland General Hospital. Stay about 5 minutes, laughing at the crazies who treat the CPKs like actual babies. Really, this place was a trip: the employees wear scrubs, and "deliver" the babies; you have to sign "adoption papers" to buy one, etc. -Drive a few more minutes to Helen, GA and have lunch at our favorite lunch spot The Nacoochee Grill. Yummy!-Scratch my original plan to go floating down the river (we'd originally planned to do this fun Day Trip a few months ago). Instead decided to check out the Black Forest Bear Park. Feed apples and bread to about 20 bears, while marveling in the fact that this place was legal. It was seriously bear prison - small enclosures entirely of cement. Heartbreaking!-Decide to avoid the crazy traffic Oktoberfest brings to Helen, and head home just in time for Mark to head to the Priesthood session and me to head to Lauren's to finally watch the Sex and the City movie!
All in all, I'd say it was a pretty fun and successful day.

14 comments:

cate said...

What'd ya think of the movie? I finally watched it last week too.
Is the Jane and Spencer on your blog list OUR Jane Hansen? Her blog is private, do you have her email?

Amy said...

I love your new blog background! You do realize Mom has all of your cute Halloween decorations still. What's up? You don't want to dress-up your apartment for your fav holiday? A dress-up holiday? :)

You and Mark do the funnest things; I'm totally jealous! I guess there are some benefits to living near a major city.

Em said...

Noelle, you are so funny! A tour of the Dairy? and the birthplace of Cabbage patch kids? I love it! It makes me miss ya even more. We had to settle for Park City last weekend :)

Gomez Family said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great time out there! I just have to say that I couldnt help but laugh at the picture of you at the cabbage patch hospital! I am not sure that I myself could walk through that place with a strait face! :)

Bertie said...

The hairnets are totally working for you and Mr. B. I love the Cabbage Patch thing- and how people take it seriously! That is too funny!

Mark and Lachelle said...

How awesome is Mark for going to the Cabbage Patch factory with ya! That's awesome!

JON and EM said...

Ok, I have to admit that I actually have adopted a baby from the cabbage patch factory!! Ok, it was probably 15 years ago but I still have her!

Carol said...

We definitely have to go to the Mayfield Dairy! Thanks for the heads-up on great cheap ice cream!!!

The Nowels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Nowels said...

I had no idea those cabbage patch kids were still around. That is where you should start! "adopt" one of those and see how it goes. At least they don't cry, they sleep through the night and you can leave it at home!!! By the way Mark is a trooper for going on all your little adventures, I'm jealous. I want to go and do all of those things with you.

Melissa and Trevor said...

love the hair net!

Simmons Family said...

So many things to say. First off I'm always impressed with your planned events. You always find something fun to do. Next, what the heck with the CPK hospital. Also, sad about the jailed bears :( and lastly, I'm so glad you finally watched the SATC movie. It was good!

LaLona said...

You all are our inspirationn. I think we will copy this exact trip sometime soon. Thanks for paving the way for our vacations!

It has been great having you back in the ward. Let's hang out soon!

Anonymous said...

love to have her licking mycock like she is licking that ice cream