Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween 2008

So I know I've been slacking on blogging...sorry Michelle! Halloween was a pretty mellow holiday for us this year. Although I did get into the spirit by baking pumpkin cookies, we didn't have any big plans or reason to dress up - I wish we could've flown out for the party, Nat! We did start the Halloween week out right by carving pumpkins with Chad, Stacey and their kids. I've gotta say, I loved mine! (Yes, I did just finish reading the Twilight books!)
Me, Khira and Ashton with my finished pumpkinMark and Ashton's ghostThe finished product - Chad's two faced jack-o-lantern, and my vampire

On Halloween night, we went with Chad and Stacey and some other friends to take their kids trick-or-treating to what I like to call the "Halloween Wonderland" - an entire neighborhood that decorates like nothing you've ever seen. We had a great time freezing our butts off together.
My last minute costumeThe scariest house...I'm pretty sure that's a real skeleton hanging there

That night, I ended up getting really sick, and spent the rest of the weekend in bed. So I gotta say, not the Halloween I'd hoped for. But it still had some fun times.
Side note: I'd like to point out that Mark is not in any pictures. That's because, although I did just complete 2 photography classes, he still takes way better pictures than I do. Bummer.

5 comments:

Carly said...

I love your pumpkin! Itsn't Twilight the best? Can't wait for the movie. Man that neighborhood looks like a ton of fun, Halloween is the best!

Mark and Lachelle said...

You definately win for the best pumpkin ever! HANDS DOWN!!!

Melissa and Trevor said...

glad you just finished the twlight books, they are great and the movie is out soon!

Christi said...

Your pumpkin is amazing! Who knew??
One day I will read all of twilight ... for now ... it's school I guess. Miss ya and hope to see you in 2009!

Amy said...

Impressive carving! Did you use a stencil? And I requested the first "Twilight" book from the library.