Friday, May 16, 2008

Family News

Although I have tons to write (ok...tons of pictures to post) about our fun week in Puerto Rico, I’ve gotta keep things in chronological order or my obsessive compulsive side would freak out. So first I’ll write a quick note about all the exciting news in the Gouker/Pearce fam. A few weeks ago, my brother-in-law Jason and his business partner Jeff bought a restaurant in Sandestin. It’s called Graffiti and The Funky Blues Shack. It's pretty exciting news for all of us; you can read about it on my sister’s blog here or here. I'd highly recommend checking it out if you're in FL...especially if you're staying at Hotel Pearce!
Hopefully the restaurant will be a good investment,
especially for my dad, because he retired on April 30. I’m really happy for him, and wish I could’ve been there for the awesome surprise party my family threw for him. I heard the food was great (especially the cake). He’s already got a new gig at the golf course, and is sure to enjoy his endless days of free golf.In more Pearce news, my younger sister, Wendy, graduated this week and I'm super happy for her as well. Mark and I couldn't make it down, but we're really excited for her. Well, I'm excited...I think Mark is just jealous ;)Here is Atlanta, Mark and I have been having a seriously fun time recently. On May 2, we had a fabulous time laughing at Jerry Seinfeld with our friends Chad and Stacey (even though we were in the last, yes - the very last, row at The Fox). It was actually fun being way up there...I'd never noticed all the amazing details on the ceiling (and yes, I'm being serious). We made up for those seats by having great seats at The Lion King the next night. The show was just as expected - wonderful! That weekend we also attended our first birthday party for a child (very strange...it was kind of like daycare with cake) and celebrated Mark's mom's birthday. Then, we headed out for a week in PR. Don't worry...there will be tons of pics and stories in the next post.

5 comments:

Candice said...

I can't wait to see your vacation pictures! That is so cool that he open a resturant!!!!

Amy said...

Woo-hoo - we're famous! It's weird reading about my family and seeing pictures of us on another blog. I haven't looked through all the pictures of Wendy's graduation yet, and I have to say I look fab-U-lous in that particular shot! Hmmm ... can I photo-shop everyone else out and blow it up for personal use? Looking forward to your PR post and pics!

TheBaumanns said...

I'm glad I saw your blog on Rosie's page - I was reading it and realized that it sucked me right in! You're a good writer! Check out our blog if you're ever bored! thebaumannfam.blogspot.com
-Sheri-

Mark and Lachelle said...

That's cool for you brother-in-law! I think owning a restaurant would be awesome! Oh, and I can't wait to see your pics from Puerto Rico!!! LUCKY!

Mark and Lachelle said...

That's cool for you brother-in-law! I think owning a restaurant would be awesome! Oh, and I can't wait to see your pics from Puerto Rico!!! LUCKY!