Monday, July 7, 2008

Bed, Bath & Beyond

Yes, it's that time again...moving time! I realize that many people like to settle down, buy a house, accumulate possessions, etc, etc. I am not one of those people. The thought of buying/owning a house is not something that crosses my mind very often...and if it does, it is not a happy thought. If I owned a home, that would mean I was tied down to one area for an extended length of time; I don't relish the day when that is true. For now, change is welcome and wonderful. So on August 9th, we'll be moving to a new apartment and we're really excited about it. No more upstairs neighbors, no more dirty carpet, and no more Brockett ward. Hopefully, the new place'll live up to the hype...racquetball court, brand new appliances/carpet/paint, even granite countertops! (I'll let you know once we're there!)
Since we're leaving good ol Amli at North Briarcliff, I thought I'd share some pictures to say farewell. RIP Amli.
Our first big purchase after we got married...our (little used) dining room table.
Sweet wall art, courtesy of Ikea (our office is through the door...it was too messy to make the blog).
The second big purchase was our bedroom set; we love it!
Just like on Cribs...where all the magic happens ;)
Yes, our TV is bigger than yours. Just accept it.Probably the cleanest our bathroom has ever been - sorry, Mark!

10 comments:

Rachael said...

All you need now is a crib, changing table, and a bouncing bundle of joy! :)

Candice said...

Are ya'll moving back to Glenridge?!?!?!

Paula said...

Granite countertops, nice bedroom suite, and new carpet? Sounds like a future homeowner to me:)

Christi said...

Love the pics and can't stop thinking about how anal you are when it comes to people touching your possessions. lol. AKA - your perfumes in Hawaii. Love you and miss you!!!!! SO MUCH.

Megan said...

Hey we are moving on August 9 too except we have to drive 8 hours before we can begin unpacking storage. Ugh! Where are you moving?

Megan said...

Sweet! I really like that area you are moving to. We looked around there as well and the prices are good. The problem for us is the commute to midtown. We are living close to MARTA right at the perimter. It's called Windsor at Mount Vernon. The seller for me was two walk in closets in the bedroom! Glad to hear you are moving back to Glenridge. Bishop can't kick you out now. ;)

Shari and Grady Wroblewski said...

Girl, you've got some cute interior design in the old pad! ...Just think of how good it will look in the new one! I love the pics...gives me a visual of my girl so far away from me! Glad to know Mark's taking care of you, (or you of him!);) I'll try to reach you soon, we've been playin phone tag.

Amy said...

Ick on the "where all the magic happens" comment. Your family reads your blog, sicko! :) (And I don't know this Rachel person who left you a comment, but she must not know our Dee-dah very well.)

Can't wait to visit you at the new crib, especially if that whole renting-a-furnished-apartment-for-a-weekend thing works out!

Amy said...

P.S. Go check out Natalie's blog ... she has some exciting news!

Mark and Lachelle said...

Dang look at you Miss HGTV! You can come decorate my apartment if you'd like! I just don't have the desire to decorate my apartments cute, because I know I won't live there longer than a year. I NEED a house! Oh, and don't worry, we totally plan on going out to Puerto Rico to visit Mark's brother ;) We'll just stop off and pick you guys up on our way, and you can be our tour guides!